Trustees’ information and duties
As a charitable company limited by guarantee, Northern Education Trust is governed by a Board of Directors also referred to as Trustees who are responsible for, and oversee the strategic control, management and administration of the Trust and the academies ran by the Trust.
Northern Education Trust – Board Members & Trustees
To view information on Board Members and Trustees of Northern Education Trust, please click here to visit the Northern Education Trust website.
Northern Education Trust
Thorp Academy, Main Road, Ryton, NE40 3AH
Tel: 0191 406 6383
Chair & Vice Chair of the Combined Academy Council
|Mrs Julie Kelly
||Chair of the Combined Academy Council, Sponsor Governor
|Mr David Hall
||Vice Chair of the Combined Academy Council
|Mr Ian Scott
||Vice Chair of the Combined Academy Council, Parent
If you are interested in applying to become a Parent Governor Please find the application below
There are three core strategic functions of local governing boards:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the academy and making sure its money is well spent.
As governors we understand that evidence suggests that governors that carry out their role well do so by:
- understanding their strategic role – building a productive and supportive relationship with the principal while holding them to account for school performance and taking hard decisions in the light of objective data;
- ensuring governors have the necessary skills and commitment, including to challenge the school to bring about improvement and hold leaders to account for performance;
- appointing an effective chair to lead and manage the governing board
- appointing a high quality clerk to advise them on the nature of their functions and duties and who ensures that that governing board operates efficiently and effectively;
- evaluating their performance regularly in the light of expectations and other good practice and making changes as necessary to improve their effectiveness; and
- governing more than one school to develop a more strategic perspective and create a more robust accountability through the ability to compare and contrast across schools.
Contacting our Chair of Governors
If you wish to contact our Chair of Governors please do so in writing using the details below.
Mrs Julie Kelly
c/o The Blyth Academy,
Chase Farm Drive,
Blyth, NE24 4JP